Friday, September 14, 2007

Jetzt bin ich in Österreich.

The past month felt a bit nomadic, with a trip to Brisbane/Gold Coast, a return to Minneapolis, a visit to New York, and a move to Vienna for a semester on exchange. Now I'm in Vienna, and staying here for a few months, so I'll be
settled in, at least for a bit.

Travel went well, and seeing friends and family again was good. Vienna is a pretty cool place. Everywhere in the city there are amazing old buildings that are actually well maintained. The process of settling in took a bit longer than in Australia though - I just opened a bank account today, a week after arrival. I probably could have opened it sooner, but banks close for lunch (12:30 to 1:30 daily) and are closed on the weekend. Not sure how anyone with a job goes to the but I guess they must be resourceful. Although the banks do have change-counting machines, so that's one up on Australia.

Language is still a barrier, but most people know English so I can get by - such as getting a SIM card for my phone and opening a bank account. Need to work on re-learning German - and soon.

Photos are below: Last days in Melbourne (1), time in NYC (2 & 3), and first days in Vienna (4 & 5). Enjoy.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home