Sunday, April 22, 2007

So when I started the blog a while back, the plan was to update it somewhat regularly. I’m sure nobody really expected that to happen. After all, updates require some level of effort. But after some commentary about the dearth of updates, I figured I’d actually do something about it.

Yesterday, I was once again disappointed by the Australian banking system. Being used to the American currency system, where change/coins are only good for laundry and parking meters, I developed a habit of dropping all my change in a box at the end of the day. I’ve been continuing that habit here, and since August managed to build up quite a collection of coins. The difference being that here there are A$1 and A$2 (US$0.82 and US$1.64, respectively) coins. So I finally took my box of change to the bank, and walked up to the teller to deposit it. Her response: here are some bags, go sit at that table and sort it out by denomination into these bags and bring them back to deposit. So I sit at the table for about a half hour sorting coins into piles and then into bags so that I can deposit them. Fun times, and a great way to spend a Saturday afternoon.

Classes go for an additional two weeks, including finals. All the big projects are now done, so not quite so busy. Easter break was good. Had Friday and Monday off, so a long weekend. Took a trip out along the Mornington Peninsula, went to the beach on Easter afternoon, and otherwise relaxed and didn’t do any school work.

So on to the updates. I’ve moved back into the place in which I first lived in Melbourne, since my apartment lease ended April 19. My friend Mike is coming to visit in May. Probably taking classes the first half of next term – late May through June. Not 100% sure, but 6 weeks of classes and then traveling sounds like a good plan. So I might graduate in December 2007 instead of May 2008. Then off to Vienna for fall semester (northern hemisphere fall) on exchange. Hopefully I’ll learn my German back. That’s what I tell myself anyway.

I guess that’s it. Mornington photos are below.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home